What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to a web browser by a web server.
Session cookies are automatically deleted at the end of each browsing session (typically when the web browser is closed).
Persistent cookies remain until the expiry date and time set by the web server (or otherwise manually deleted by the user).
1st party cookies originate from the same domain as the website being visited (in this case zurich.co.uk)
- By assigning visitors to our website(s) with a unique session identifier in the form of a randomly generated combination of characters. This allows us to identify unique browsers within and across multiple browsing sessions. We do this for a variety of reasons and the list below explains these in detail. It is important to note however that these cookies do not contain any personal information and cannot be used by themselves to identify individual users.
Cookies used by Zurich's Benelux websites
We have grouped together the cookies we use according to their usage;
A) System cookies
1. Content management & navigation
- To provide site navigation
To enable search and e-commerce functionalities
To ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire or site survey that you have already completed or told us that you do not want to see again
2. Content optimisation
- To allow us to tailor our content to match your preferences, for example to show a button that allows you to retrieve a saved insurance quotation
To ensure we don’t show you duplicate content as you navigate our site
To ensure consistency of content if you return to our website
B) Web Analytics cookies
- To compile anonymous, aggregated website usage statistics in order to help us to maintain and improve the performance of our website and the other online services we provide
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
C) Ad Network cookies
You can set your browser to reject cookies but if you do so you will be unable to use some areas of our website(s) and other websites on the internet